Re: Subtle text problem in pine

Replying to my own post: while we haven't solved this, we have narrowed
it down enough to make it a non-issue for us.  Turns out that
gnome-terminal from GNOME-1, at least under certain configurations,
chokes on certain non-english characters (Euro, e's with accents,
probably others), and rather than just not displaying them or showing
them as question marks, it gets confused.

The problem appears to go away in GNOME 2, at least the terminals
running on my own machine.  So I think we're content to use xterm for
pine until GNOME-2 makes it into the main distribution.

Cheers,
-mrj