Re: what are kernel-headers?

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 11:46:55PM -0500, Matt Price wrote:
> this is only sort of in the same thread as my last post.  I've learned
> from another list that I can supposedly recompile the relevant nvidia
> packages against "the kernel headers" instead of the kernel source.

The .h files resulting from compiling the Linux kernel.  These are
specific to the kernel configuration on your system, if you built your
own kernel, and kept the source around without doing make clean,
you've got the headers.  If you have a stock kernel, you can get
*just* the headers in an otherwise empty source tree by installing the
appropriate kernel-headers-2.x.yy

--
 .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin and user