Have CDs but base-config downloading packages??

Ok, this is my first try @ Debian. I've gotten to the base-config step, I've scanned all 7 CDs + the update CD, and then select some things from tasksel. I've skipped the dselect step at this time.

Then I get some message about building the dependency tree, and I get a long list of packages, and finally the statement:

"2 packages upgraded, 758 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 66.9MB/404MB of archives. After unpacking 1202MB will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]"

I enter yes, and it prompts me for disk one. I put it in & hit enter.
It then starts downloading packages?!? libperl, libssl, perl-modules, etc
This is via dialup, and it says 3h10m remaining.

Why is it downloading when I have all the CDs? I didn't add any other apt sources. I'd rather not tie up my line for that long, even if it ddoes complete (unlikely given my connection). and what if I want to build a machine that has no network connection? How do I get around this. If I take the connection dowm, it appears to just keep trying it.
Thanks
Eric