Re: Upgrading the kernel package from 2.4.18 to 2.4.20 on Woody

> Earlier, I had problems installing Debian on my system because of the
> Realtek 8139 ethernet device on my desktop's motherboard. I got round
> that problem by building my own boot floppy with a newer kernel on
> it.

    Why not just get the sources and use kernel-package to make your own
custom kernel package?

 This package provides the capability to create a debian kernel-image
 package by just running make-kpkg kernel_image in a kernel source
 directory tree.

    It is fairly easy to use.  Just go into the kernel directory, make
menuconfig (or X config or whatever you do to configure your kernel),
make-kpkg --revision [custom name] binary-arch.  For me it is make-kpkg
--revision teleute.x binary-arch.  x being the revision of that kernel
and teleute is the machine name for the which the kernel is being
compiled.