Re: Swap capslock-control in console?

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 04:36:48PM -0500, Daniel Barclay wrote:
> Johan Kullstam wrote:
> > I have swap-caps-ctrl in X, why shouldn't I want it in console too?
>
> Yeah, I wish Debian (and other Linuxes) had that as as standard an
> option as X11 has it.  [Yes, a different wording would have been
> more easily parsable.]
>
> But alas, so many computer users are going through life not knowing
> the convenience of having the control key in its easily reachable
> original location.  And not realizing that Emacs and Bash authors
> weren't mutant freaks (with pinkies that bend in impossible directions).

Hey, some of us like it the way it is. :-) (I actually use Caps Lock not
infrequently - I'm a vi user, so modality doesn't bother me).

> What's the Debian package name to user for the installer (to submit
> an enhancement request that the initial keyboard configuration include
> an option to swap the Control and Caps Lock keys)?

Feature requests for the new installer should go against the 'install'
pseudo-package (as opposed to bugs in the old installer which need to be
fixed in point releases of woody, which go against the 'boot-floppies'
pseudo-package).