Question on raid1 root problems (fwd)

I've got a setup here for root software raid1, installed a few months ago.
Running woody, on a pair of 40 gig IDE drives, installed as /dev/hda and
/dev/hdc.

I installed the raid1 root as per the documentation on tldp.org

We had a power outage over the weekend, and when the system came back up,
it had the install from BEFORE i setup raid1.

So I found out which one of the raid volumes, of /dev/hda1 and /dev/hdc1
was the right one and up to date, and did the following to force a resync
since it obviously never did do one, even though i watched /proc/mdstat do one
when i created the array those few months ago:

raidsetfaulty /dev/md0 /dev/hdc1
# to knock the /dev/hdc1 out of the array, since it's bad
# at this point, this should leave me running solely off hda1
cat /proc/mdstat
# (verified it was now kicked out)
badblocks -w /dev/hdc1

At this point, it complained that /dev/hdc1 was mounted.  Which of course
was false, I had just broken the raid volume three comands before, and
verified it was ofline.

So i badblock -wf /dev/hdc1

Trashed the file system, even though /dev/md0 was supposedly only working
off /dev/hda1

I've now spent the entire day trying to get /dev/hda1 copied over and the
raid array rebuilt.  Finally got it going, with the problem of lilo not
working now:

Fatal: map file must be on the boot RAID partition.

Ah, but /boot IS on the boot RAID partition of /dev/md0. !!@!!!@#(*!@#*(

Is there another hidden location for this map file?  It's supposed to be
in /boot, right?

Why hasn't this bug been fixed?  I've seen reports of it from 4 years ago
on google/deja.

Mike
lba32
# Generated by liloconfig

# Specifies the boot device
boot=/dev/md0

# Specifies the device that should be mounted as root.
# If the special name CURRENT is used, the root device is set to the
# device on which the root file system is currently mounted. If the root
# has been changed with  -r , the respective device is used. If the
# variable ROOT is omitted, the root device setting contained in the
# kernel image is used. It can be changed with the rdev program.
root=/dev/md0

# Enables map compaction:
# Tries to merge read requests for adjacent sectors into a single
# read request. This drastically reduces load time and keeps the map
# smaller. Using COMPACT is especially recommended when booting from a
# floppy disk.
compact

# Install the specified file as the new boot sector.
# If INSTALL is omitted, /boot/boot.b is used as the default.
install=/boot/boot.b

# Specifies the number of _tenths_ of a second LILO should
# wait before booting the first image.  LILO
# doesn't wait if DELAY is omitted or if DELAY is set to zero.
delay=20

# Specifies the location of the map file. If MAP is
# omitted, a file /boot/map is used.

map=/boot/map

# Specifies the VGA text mode that should be selected when
# booting. The following values are recognized (case is ignored):
#   NORMAL  select normal 80x25 text mode.
#   EXTENDED  select 80x50 text mode. The word EXTENDED can be
#     abbreviated to EXT.
#   ASK  stop and ask for user input (at boot time).
#   <number>  use the corresponding text mode. A list of available modes
#     can be obtained by booting with  vga=ask  and pressing [Enter].
vga=normal

image=/vmlinuz
	label=Linux
	read-only

# If you have another OS on this machine (say DOS),
# you can boot if by uncommenting the following lines
# (Of course, change /dev/hda2 to wherever your DOS partition is.)
# other=/dev/hda2
#   label=dos