[OT] Re: shuttle disaster

On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 07:13:02AM +0800, csj@mindgate.net wrote:
> The slashdot post was about Redhat in space. I doubt if it was
> actually on board the shuttle in question. But that is neither
> here nor there. I feel sad. The tragic loss aside, it also means
> that the manned space program will be set back by another couple
> of years. We're now farther away from 2001 than Arthur C. Clarke
> and Stanley Kubrick was in 1968.

well, i wouldn't be as worried about it now as i would have in 1986
with the challenger disaster, for a couple reasons:

- the american public is more accepting of this tragedy and willing
  to move on
- we have a couple astronauts in a space station who will need food
  sometime in june at the very latest

	sean