Re: not quite the regular sources.list problem

On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 08:05:04PM -0800, lenny bruce wrote:
I've found a lot of support regarding a sources.list problem
that apparently is fairly common but isn't the problem I have...

I picked some bad sources and entered the deb lines incorrectly
before I figured out the correct way to do these things...
but apt and dselect won't forget every mistake I've ever made.

now I have good sources in my sources.list file that all work great
but apt and dselect continue to look up every bad entry I ever made
along with my good sources...

this takes totally forever for the bad ones to time out
even though the good ones update very quickly

how can it be remembering all my previous bad entries
when I removed them from sources.list?

how come updating sources.list doesn't just use my new sources?

I've spent hours trying to get apt and dselect to forget my old entries
despite the fact that I long ago removed them from sources.list...
but I'm totally confused on how to get this accomplished.

apt-get update doesn't solve the problem.

If you're still having a problem, please post your /etc/apt/sources.list file.

Kent