Re: Gkrellm and app launcher

-- Mark L. Kahnt <kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org> wrote
(on Friday, 31 January 2003, 04:42 PM -0500):
> On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 14:28, Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:
> > -- Mark L. Kahnt <kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org> wrote
> > (on Friday, 31 January 2003, 12:33 PM -0500):
> > >
> > > There is one that I use and find it works very nicely - I have a series
> > > of buttons configured with it to use mplayer to run a number of asx
> > > streams. It isn't currently packaged, but I had no trouble to my
> > > recollection building and installing it from source. You can get it at:
> > >
> > > http://gkrellmlaunch.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > Actually, it *is* packaged, at least in testing: apt-get install
> > gkrellmlaunch
> >
> Hmmm - I search for it on my selection of apt servers and I don't get it
> (testing, unstable, main, contrib and non-free of both, non-us,
> security, Christian's stuff and experimental from when I first installed
> Gnome2.) I did apt-get update this morning, so I should be able to find
> it if it is on a core server. It doesn't show up on a search of
> packages.debian.org, either. Where are you getting this from?

$ apt-cache show gkrellmlaunch
    Package: gkrellmlaunch
     A plugin which allows one-click access to frequently used
     applications from GKrellM.
     .
     Note: requires GKrellM 1.2.2 or higher.
     .
     Offering customisable buttons, GKrellMLaunch allows you to quickly
     launch a shell, Mozilla etc. with a simple click - all from GKrellM.
     .
         * Unused buttons can be hidden to save screen space.
         * Button labels can be different from command.

And I'm using the following in my apt sources.list:
    deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free
    deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main contrib non-free

    # Blackdown Java
    deb ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/linux/devel/lang/java/blackdown.org/debian woody main non-free

    # If you want to get OpenOffice.org as a deb package...
    deb http://www.phy.olemiss.edu/openoffice testing main contrib

    # mplayer
    deb http://marillat.free.fr testing main

What's interesting is that when I search on http://packages.debian.org,
I don't see any matches for that name on any of the distros... Could be
that my cache is displaying it simply because I'd installed it (I
installed it some time ago, probably February or March of last year).

Sorry if I misled anyone... :-(

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
matthew@weierophinney.net