Re: Bash terminal beep - how to shut it up?

Kevin.Bewley@camr.org.uk declaimed:
> Hi,
>    I'm running Debian 3.0r1 on my laptop. Whenever I'm working in a bash
> terminal or the console certain actions cause the terminal to BEEP through
> the PC Speaker. This is annoying the hell out of my missus when she's
> trying to watch TV and I've just scrolled a man page too far! What is the
> invocation to shut it up? Which of my .bash files should I put it in?
>
> Come to think of it, how can I shut this up system-wide?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Kevin

Also, 'xset -b' does the trick. A truly saavy user will refrain from
silencing the beep, preferring to set its volume, pitch, and duration
to a pleasant and harmonious tone that reminds them how much they enjoy
running Debian GNU/Linux.

My system is set to 75 75 75 for a quiet, low tone.

HTH, PM
--
Paul Mackinney
paul@mackinney.net