ext 3 partitions (was Re: SOLVED :-) Re: error on root filesystem DEBIAN WON'T BOOT )

I did the tune2fs stuff but when I change the ext2 to
ext3 in /etc/fstab I get weird stuff: errors about the
kernel not being able to handle it or something and
the boot stops soon after that; (vi isn't even found,
I have to use sed to change the /etc/fstab back again
(in case it states it's ext2 the boot is successfully.