Re: Gnome2 / Apt messed up

Well, I got my apt sources taken care of by, as you said, deleting my cd
entries and then running apt-cdrom.  Unfortunately I still can not get
gnome removed.  How would I be able to completely remove gnome and then
reinstall?  Does anyone know what packages have to go...so far by doing
apt-get remove gnome-session and reinstalling it has not helped, and if
I try an apt-get install gnome it gives me grief about broken packages.
What I meant to say about the "no desktop" is that I run Gnome 2.2 with
gnome-panel and sawfish, but I do not run nautilus on my desktop (ie
icons on the desktop) but that is kinda irrelivant.  for the record I am
using gdm2 and that works fine.