Re: apt wickened up: Unable to purge package gdm2 !

First to add, please cc me.

Tried to move on hoping to make up for the lost hours....however, indeed this
seems to be something serious.
Apt/itude  _hangs_  at  the half configured 'gdm2', terminating any pending
installations. I'm not able to proceed.
Ack !

Anyway got some things cleared:

1) The Extra-CD's are fsn.hu's with Gnome2 from Gustavo Noronha (
debian.org/~kov ) which should be alright.

2) And now here's a readable error-message :)  Says:
'dpkg error while cleaning up: subprocess post-installation returns error
code 10. Procceeding gdm2. dpkg returned error code (1)'

Still found no log. What the f*ck is going on here ?!
Couldn't get dpkg -D10 working. I'm too nervous :( ...

I have to give this laptop back ( and i promised there will be something
better than M$ on it ) -- but I got only a few hours per week so a complete
new installation would cost me a month again.

-m