Gnome2 / Apt messed up

Yesterday I installed apt-spy and blew up my computer with it I am
sure.  I ran it and it messed up my sources.list file pretty bad so I
restored the backup, then ran apt-get upgrade / apt-get dist-upgrade and
it gave me a wierd error
W: Couldn't stat source package list cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 r0
_Woody_ -
Official i386 Binary-1 (20020718)] stable/main Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/Debian%20GNU_Linux%203.0%20r0%20%5fWoody%5f%20-%20Official%20i386%20Binary-1%20(20020718)_dists_stable_main_binary-i386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
I get this about all the cd's that I have for debian, and it tells me to
run apt-get update to fix the problem (that is where I get the problem)

I just recently upgraded to unstable with apt (replacing all the
instances of stable with unstable and gnome went to version 2.2, and
worked great.  Now for some reason when I log in I do not get the gnome
panel anymore.  It just gives me a blank scree, I do not use the desktop
feature so I don't know if that works, instead I just get stuck having
to kill my instance of gnome and use something like fluxbox or kde.  Any
ideas?  Im out of them.