Re: compiling with large file support

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 09:44:10AM +0100, Florian Sukup wrote:
> > > I managed to compile some small C-programs with large file support using
> > > gcc flags: -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE.
> > >
> > > How can I make this default? Maybe with environment variables?
> >
> > Yes. export CFLAGS="-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE"
>
> I tried that already. Unfortunately it's not working for me.
>
> Only when I to it the following way, it's working:
>
> gcc -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -o my_split split.c
>
> Any comments on that?
>
> Florian.

As to why it's not working, I've no idea. As I understand things, it
should do!

As to a solution, see my revolting hack in the thread "Oh no, what a
really heavy bummer"; basically, rename gcc to something else, and
create a script called gcc that calls the real gcc with the
appropriate arguments.

Pigeon