Re: do i need stable in my sources.list?

Kent West wrote:
Colin Watson wrote:

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 01:43:32AM +0000, iain d broadfoot wrote:
testing/unstable, do i still need the stable entries?

No. testing started out as a copy of stable. The exceptions are if you
happen to want something that's been removed from testing since the last
stable release; even then you probably didn't want it anyway, and if you
do you can always get it by hand.

I was under the impression that you needed to keep your security sources pointing at stable, since that's the only place that emergency security patches get placed consistently. Am I incorrect?

Kent

Since most security updates for stable are going to be a version lower than the version currently in testing(since everything is backported), you are never going to get them anyway so having it there isn't going to help.