Re: redirecting output to /dev/null on cron not working!

louie miranda wrote:
I have a script that is on a cron basis, It runs every hour.
I have read a document that if you dont want any output.
You can add >/dev/null 1>&2 to redirect it to /dev/null
But i still received email about those output, is this syntax
im trying to add on my cron for debian correct?

/scripts/cron_inactivityalert.sh >/dev/null 1>&2

Don't you mean
/scripts/cron_inactivityalert.sh >/dev/null 2>&1...