Re: HP 8250i cd-writer

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 10:08:23AM +0100, Frank Lenaerts wrote:
> Did somebody already get an HP 8250i cd-writer working on Woody? I've
> never had any problems with an HP 8100i or so, but the 8250i seems to
> be problematic, although it would be supported.
>
> As usual, I've setup SCSI emulation and cdrecord -scanbus detects both
> the cdrom and the cd-writer. However, when trying to write a cdrom, it
> seems that cdrecord cannot start a new session:

<snip>

> Track 01: audio   0 MB (00:00.42) no preemp pad padsize: 615 KB (00:03.57)

I have an 8200, I think it won't write tracks this small. Try leaving
out track 1. 0.42 seconds can't be all that important...

I don't remember what the minimum it will write is. I think that when I
was doing some reseach in to a similar problem I found that it's
probably a firmware bug, but people very rarely run in to it because the
limit is so small.

--
Michael Heironimus