Re: Debian 3.0r_0 setup - lots of questions

sonali said:
> Hi
>

> 2. I can access www via a browser like say mozilla/galeon
> using the http proxy config in teh Advanced tab...but can't
> browse using links, etc. How do i tunnel other apps through
> the http proxy?

most config files are in /etc e.g. lynx.cfg wget.cfg, search for
the word proxy in there ..

> 3. How do i run an MTA like say postfix to deliver mail
> directly from behind the http proxy? Right now, am using
> Sylpheed

I've never heard of a MTA that could use a HTTP proxy so I
don't know here. If there is another mail server on the
LAN (e.g. a 'master' server) you can configure postfix to
relay all messages to it using the relayhost directive

> 4. How do i get things like jabber/psi working? And play
> games on the network? and read nntp?

most games I've seen do not support http proxys, nntp, not
sure, haven't seen any readers that support http proxys,
jabber, may work depending on your client, try the different
jabber clients, I've only tried 1 or 2 and didn't notice http
proxy support