Re: Converting Knoppix to Woody

Hal Vaughan wrote:
I've tried a few different installs to get Debian working on my system.

At one point I used the HD install script to install Knoppix on my harddrive. It worked, in basics.

There seemed to be a few problems, such as menus in KDE (I would think this would be a problem in Gnome, too).

If I re-install Knoppix (one benefit is it works w/ my video card -- Woody doesn't), what can I do to get the packages (and the KDE menus) in sync w/ Woody?

Is that possible?

I had trouble with adding some packages under Knoppix, but did not have the same trouble under a "regular" Debian install.

Thanks.

If you want to install Debian from a Knoppix CD look at http://www.linuxworld.com/site-stories/2002/1104.barr.html

Cheers,

--