Hard Disk Partition Recovery

Hello guys,

Someone I know recently got his partition table destroyed by misusing Norton's
Rescue. Anyways, I was able to recreate his partition table using gpart and
Fdisk and Debian's installable CD. The partitions are Win95 Fat32 (LBA)
partitions. I've setup the Id's on the partitions to reflect these as Win95
Fat32 (LBA) partitions (extended where necessary)

I can mount and access the data under Linux. I've even copied the data onto a
backup hard disk. Now the mysterious thing is that I can't see these
partitions under DOS :(

I've used an MSDOS 6.22 disk to boot into the system since the boot loaders
not running after fdisk wrote to the MBR and it can't see any of the
partitions and pops up the message "Invalid drive specification". FDisk shows
one of the partitions as Non-Dos and the partition sizes are in negatives.

I can't figure out that how I can see everything fine under Linux but not
under DOS.....how do I get things working correctly?? Any ideas would be
appreciated.

Thanks