Re: Desktop productivity with Debian GNU/LINUX

On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 01:53:34PM +1100, Russell wrote:
> Rohan Nicholls wrote:
> >* Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com> [030125 00:17]:
>
> >You are right there, and there is plex86, but I have not explored that
> >fully yet, but intend to.

I gave it a shot.  Overall it's still quite slow, and doesn't work well
with Win2K as a guest operating system.

> >>Personal copy will set you back ~$100US or so.

If you're referring to a personal copy of VMWare, they are ~$300 now.
They did away with the lower priced option.

> Thanks, it sounds promising. If i install win2k as the guest OS on vmware
> which is in turn installed on linux, is there a way to copy the whole win2k
> installation into vmware, or do i need to re-install everything again?

You would need to make a new install in VMWare.  There are ways to get
VMware to utilize a physical partition with an existing install, but IMO
it's not worth the trouble.

--
Jamin W. Collins