Re: Desktop productivity with Debian GNU/LINUX

Rohan Nicholls wrote:
* John & Peg Pickard <jpickard@coslink.net> [030121 05:06]:

In short, will I be able to do something productive with Debian LINUX? And then
will want to network it with our laptop running WinME, and a LinkSys Print
server,
and possibly a US Robotics broadband router (if I can use the "back up" dial up
connection on a permanent basis, which would then have an external modem).
All without requiring a PHD in networking? If I get that far, LINUX will be for
real,
and I will also load it on my old 100 mhz Dell and network that too.

Any hope?

Yes, alot.

I have to admit it has been an uphill battle using Debian, but as a
developer I have been doing my best in the last couple of months to
plumb the depths of the system.
> I have to
say that I took over my windows partition, and now run win2k in an
emulator for the times I need to for work, and it runs as fast, with a
few trivial exceptions, in the emulator as it did on its own, and for
the rest of my life I get to run on a fast responsive and endlessly
configurable system.

I've got win2k. What is this emulator?

I have discovered that linux is a wonderful thing,...

Me too;)