Re: Quick spamassassin question

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 02:54:27AM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
| If spamassassin is installed site-wide, do individual user preferences
| still apply?  If not, is there any way to make it do so?

It depends on how you run spamassassin.  If you're using the config I
documented on my web site then, no, user prefs aren't used.  I think
some of the details have changed in recent SA releases, but the issue
is like this :

    1)  The message must be scanned separately for each recipient, or
        else who's preferences do you use?  (making this happens is
        configuration dependent)

    2)  For file-based user prefs, spamd must be run (as root) with a
        flag to enable them and spamc must tell spamd what user to
        drop privileges to (and use their prefs).  (I'm not sure if
        this is still supported or not)

    3)  It is easier to use SQL-backed user prefs because spamd can
        just connect to the db and read the corresponding options.
        #1 is still required.

HTH,
-D

--
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
        Philippians 4:13

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/