Re: Error while running apt-get update

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 10:56:10AM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 12:56:14AM -0600, Nathan E Norman wrote:
> > 3) Even if the bug has been filed 8192 times and fixed for the last
> > month, everyone running stable is still going to run into this
> > problem.  Everyone.
>
> Not everyone. As I said somewhere else, I don't believe it affects
> people who haven't decided it's a good idea to put multiple
> distributions in /etc/apt/sources.list. (Of course, if sarge grows to
> two or three times its current size by the time it releases, I guess it
> could affect all upgraders ...)

You're correct; I spoke poorly.  What I meant was even if a patched
apt package is uploaded to the archive yesterday, it doesn't help
people using stable.

Regards,

  We are all agreed that your theory is crazy.  The question which
  divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of
  being correct.  My own feeling is that it is not crazy enough.
          -- Niels Bohr