Re: dhclient-script, debug-enter, debug-exit

Mark Yobb <yobb@shaw.ca> writes:
> 1.  (*) text/plain          ( ) text/html

(Can you configure your mailer to not send HTML mail to mailing lists,
please?)

> Help somebody?  I'm using the most recent stable version of woody.
>
> /etc/dhcp3/dhclients-script
> /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf
> /etc/dhcp3/dhclient-enter-hooks.d/debug-enter
> /etc/dhcp3/dhclient-exit-hooks.d/debug-exit
>
> Are not being installed when I install dhcp3-client.  I have
> uninstalled this package and the tried to reinstall it and the files
> are not showing up.

dpkg tries to make sure that the right things happen with
configuration files; if the administrator deleted a file, dpkg tries
to keep it deleted.  If you're removing and reinstalling the package
anyways, probably the easiest way is to tell dpkg to throw away all of
the configuration files:

  dpkg --purge dhcp3-client
  dpkg --install dhcp3-client_*.deb

Alternatively, you could probably use the --force-confmiss option to
dpkg, but suggesting that someone use a --force option to dpkg feels
dirty.  :-)  (It *is* necessary if you've lost the conffile and the
package isn't one you can remove without breaking dependencies/your
system; it might be nice if dpkg made this option a little less
hidden, or even if APT exposed it.)

	-- Abra Mitchell