dhclient-script, debug-enter, debug-exit

Help somebody?  I'm using the most recent stable version of woody.
Are not being installed when I install dhcp3-client.  I have uninstalled this package and the tried to reinstall it and the files are not showing up.
dpkg -L dhcp3-client
shows the files are in this package.
Why are they not being installed?
I first installed dhcp-client and then switched to dhcp3-client.  I generally use dselect for installation and uninstallation requirements.  I tried using dpkg -i directly from the file on the CD but this did not help.
Does anyone have any ideas?