Re: phoenix and java?

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 12:27:55PM -0500, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> Is there a way to add java support to Phoenix by using debian packages? I
> did a quick google and came up with these:

Phoenix works for me with the Blackdown Java debs.

> When I install the plug-in directly from phoenix's site (running the
> browser as root) I get the following error when I go to the web site I
> want (running the browser as either root or as me):
>
> java_vm: relocation error:
> /usr/local/phoenix/plugins/java2/lib/i386/libjava.so: symbol __libc_wait,
> version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
> INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End: Could not read ack from browser
> System error?:: Resource temporarily unavailable

Which version of Java, which version of libc6?  For a while, I had some
issues with the Java plugin, but they work for me now (J2SDK1.4
1.4.0.99beta-1, libc6 2.3.1-10).

> Is this an install issue with the plug-in or is it the web site?
> I'm trying to renew my books at: http://www.tpl.toronto.on.ca. The browser
> crashes when the pop-up window opens to renew my books. (Link is on the
> left hand side second big button from the top.)

Possibly the website.  I tried that link with Phoenix, Galeon, and
Mozilla, and all I could get was a window saying "Error connecting the
server" (aftert waiting for the applet to load up).

--
Seneca
seneca-cunningham@rogers.com