phoenix and java?

Hey everyone:

Is there a way to add java support to Phoenix by using debian packages? I
did a quick google and came up with these:

Installing from source:
http://www.google.ca/search?q=cache:Wk-BJCSYLc8C:www.fiddlesticks.com/show383.html+debian+phoenix+java&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
(note: the page has moved so I'm using the cached version)

Request for package (javavm):
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=no&bug=170719

When I install the plug-in directly from phoenix's site (running the
browser as root) I get the following error when I go to the web site I
want (running the browser as either root or as me):

java_vm: relocation error:
/usr/local/phoenix/plugins/java2/lib/i386/libjava.so: symbol __libc_wait,
version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End: Could not read ack from browser
System error?:: Resource temporarily unavailable

Is this an install issue with the plug-in or is it the web site?
I'm trying to renew my books at: http://www.tpl.toronto.on.ca. The browser
crashes when the pop-up window opens to renew my books. (Link is on the
left hand side second big button from the top.)

I'll post the error message to phoenix as well, just in case.

thanks!

emma :)

--
Emma Jane Hogbin