Re: hard crash despite UPS

I am seeing something similar (but no LSR safety check message)
sometimes on my SuSE 7.1 system.  Sometimes it does a system shutdown
5 seconds after the power fail.  Other times it works fine.

I had been attributing it to my abusing the UPS by holding the off
switch down to keep the TV powered up so I could watch a tornado pass
nearby.  I was about to replace the gel cell.  Before doing so, I
tried disabling the shutdown script.  It ran for 20 minutes and then
the UPS shut itself off.

Also I switched from a 450MHz PIII to a Athlon XP 1800+ and from a 17"
CRT to a 17" LCD.  Who knows what the difference that makes a
difference really is.

Strange,
  Jeffrey