Re: GNOME == bloatware?

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 08:36:42PM +0000, James Tappin wrote:
> The third DE; Xfce is well worth a look, V3 is quite usable if a bit too
> much like CDE in looks and will run happily on a PII 266 with 64MB. V4
> doesn't yet have a session manager but is starting to look very nice, I've
> not tried it on the 266, but it runs fine on a PII 333 with 192 which is
> quite glutinous with KDE3.1.

I think the last version of XFCE I tried was 3, it ran fine on my
P200/128MB. I didn't care much for it, though, it seemed to make the
same mistakes that CDE did without the benefit of being as widely used.
But I can say that if I were rolling Linux PCs out to replace Sun or HP
desktop workstations I'd probably use it to make people feel more at
home with the new machines.

--
Michael Heironimus