Debian and the LSB issue

Hi there:

Today, LWN wrote:
"The Free Standards Group has sent out an announcement stating that every
major Linux distributor has applied for and received Linux Standard Base
certification. The one notable absence from the list (which includes
Conectiva, Mandrake, MSC.Linux, Red Hat, Sun, SuSE, UnitedLinux, SCO, and
Turbolinux) is Debian, which, perhaps, lacks the resources to go through the
certification process."

Might not being LSb certified, affect debian in terms of ISVs and IHVs in the
long run? Is there anything we (users) shall do?

Cheers
--
/*Tell the world that we're going to be the grim
* reaper of innocent orphaned children.