Re: Linux partition question

Hi,

Debian (and don't see why other distros can't) can boot beyond the 8GB boundary. I have a 20GB NTFS partiton as my first, then the linux partitions come after that (/boot, /, /home, swap).

My motherboard (Intel/Dell LX) doesn't support booting past 8GB/large hard drives IIRC. A Promise Ultra100TX2 sorted that out.

As long as your PC (i.e. BIOS) is relatively recent it should work (2-3 years?) Mine is from '97. Consult the documentation for the motherboard. Search Google Groups.

INT13 is a BIOS extension thing. I think it's discussed in the Large Disk HOWTO or something like that.

Gee.

if you do not wish to receive any more
laa laa laa playing with spam filter laa laa laa