Linux partition question

Hello,

although I've been reading this list for a few months now I haven't actually installed in on a i386 pc (although I have installed it on a HP Unix server - well smooth). I'm now read to install on my home PC, to ensure that my wife doesn't divorce me I need to make sure that I get it right. I'm going to resize my windows98 partition to free up 10GB on which I will put 2 logical partition of 5GB each (i'll probably run stable on one and testing on the other or maybe woody and mandrake). I'm going to use Partition Magic 7 to resize it. Having looked at the instructions on Powerquest's site it says this

"IMPORTANT! In most cases, the Windows partition and the Linux Ext2 partition must start below the 8 GB boundary to be bootable. However, if your system supports INT13 extensions, then Windows XP/2000, Windows Me, and some Linux distributions can boot beyond the 8 GB boundary. Check your system documentation to determine if your machine supports INT13 extensions."

Does that mean that if my Linux partitions are first I can't boot windows98? or if I put Windows first (10GB) I won't be able to boot linux? and what is INT13?

regards

Leo

"It use to be said if your name is not on the LIST you can't come in. I say I'm on the LIST so DON'T CC me" Leo...

Express yourself with cool emoticons http://messenger.msn.co.uk