NGPT and "Classic" Threating

Dear Debian Users,

i think i am forced to install NGPT (Next Generation Posix Threating)
on one of our servers, because i am missing performance and
i hope that will solve the problem. Now i have a couple of questions:

1) I cannot find a package NGPT. i am using debian woody
at the moment. i found the project NGPT mentioned at the
debian page reporting that it is in preparation for nearly a
year...

2) If i install from source, NGPT will probably overwrite the
actually installed threating library. if something goes wrong,
what is the name of the package i need to reinstall to have
my old Threating Library back ?

3) I dont think its possible to deinstall the old threating package
first because of dependencies. how can i (with apt or dselct, or
whatever) force a reinstall of a specific package ?

If you can answer one or all of there question it would really help
me.

Thank you in advance,
Philipp