Re: exim4 sources

In article <[🔎] 20030121234934.GB5361@dman.ddts.net>,
Derrick 'dman' Hudson  <dman@dman.ddts.net> wrote:
>On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 03:18:44PM -0500, David H. Clymer wrote:
>
>| Is exim4 included in testing or unstable packages?
>
>No, unfortunately.  The maintainer is really behind on that package --
>exim4 has been stable at least as long as woody (IIRC).

There's an exim-4.10 package on
ftp://ftp.cistron.nl/pub/people/miquels/debian/cistron/

It has been built without LDAP and SQL support though, since I
don't need it. And remember exim v3 and v4 have a completely
different syntax for the config file, and this package does
nothing to try to convert the old config file to the new format.

Which is probably the main problem for the real maintainer as well.

Perhaps somewhere in the next few weeks I'll upgrade it to 4.12

Mike.
--
They all laughed when I said I wanted to build a joke-telling machine.
Well, I showed them! Nobody's laughing *now*! -- acesteves@clix.pt