Re: Is this normal with USB mice?

On Tuesday 21 January 2003 12:48 am, Jack wrote:

> Thanks for the hints.  I have almost the same configure as yours.  Would
> you try this for me when you by chance reboot your machine?  Unplug the
> USB mouse,  boot OS,  startx,  plugin the USB mouse.  Does the USB mouse
> work right away?  In my case,  "cat /dev/input/mice" trick works,  but
> the X does not detect the change.

mine works OK as you described above, the modules that get loaded when I am
using the USB mouse include

mousedev                3736   1
hid                    17924   0 (unused)
input                   3296   0 [mousedev hid]
usb-uhci               21292   0 (unused)
usbcore                55136   0 [hid usb-uhci]

I have noted the INPUT module is missing from your other post !!

Ayman