Re: Is this normal with USB mice?

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 11:36:17PM -0500, Ayman Haidar wrote:
> you need to setup both mice in your XF86Config, mine looks like this:
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
>         Driver          "mouse"
>         Option          "CorePointer"
>         Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
>         Option          "Protocol"              "PS/2"
>         Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
>         #Option         "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5"
> EndSection
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
>         Driver          "mouse"
>         Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
>         Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
>         Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
>         #Option         "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
>         Option          "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5"
> EndSection
>

> Section "ServerLayout"
>         Identifier      "Default Layout"
>         Screen          "Default Screen"
>         InputDevice     "Generic Keyboard"
>         InputDevice     "Configured Mouse"
>         InputDevice     "Generic Mouse"
> EndSection

Thanks for the hints.  I have almost the same configure as yours.  Would
you try this for me when you by chance reboot your machine?  Unplug the
USB mouse,  boot OS,  startx,  plugin the USB mouse.  Does the USB mouse
work right away?  In my case,  "cat /dev/input/mice" trick works,  but
the X does not detect the change.

Thanks!