Re: GRUB -- hangs on boot

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 11:32:30PM +0000, Tim wrote:
> Maybe the MBR has been altered?  Run GrUB from a floppy, and
>  > root (hd0,0) <-----if hd0,0 is your linux root partition
>  > setup (hd0)  <-----places into MBR

  Where root(hd0,0) defines the partition that the grub files can be
found on. In grub terms (hd0,0) corresponds to hda1 in linux terms. (if
only an ide system). I am uncertain what order grub considers scsi and
ide disks. ie, in a mixed ide/scsi system, I don't know if (hd0) would
be the first scsi disk or the first ide disk.
  Just remember that grubs disk/partition addressing is 0 based, where as
the linux partition addressing is 1 based.

  Geoff Crompton