(forw) [hugh@mjr.org: Re: Quick aptitude question...]

----- Forwarded message from Hugh Saunders <hugh@mjr.org> -----

Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 22:57:15 +0000
From: Hugh Saunders <hugh@mjr.org>
To: iain d broadfoot <ibroadfo@cis.strath.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Quick aptitude question...

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 09:22:46PM +0000, iain d broadfoot wrote:
> * ZephyrQ (ZephyrQ@att.net) wrote:
> >
> > 	I'm trying to take better control of my installation, and fired up
> > aptitude.  I inadvertently tried to do an upgrade (to woody rc1) a while
> > back and am trying to cancel it.  Is there a way to 'wipe' queued
> > actions and/or reset aptitude?
> >

> when you hit 'g' to get the 'do this' screen, select the lines that say
> 'install' or 'upgrade' or similar, and hit '_' to purge, '-' to remove
> or '=' to hold(hold means keep installed, don't upgrade) - this should
> cut down the number of things on the todo list.
if youve told aptitude you want to upgrade a package, but havent
actually done the upgrade,  how do you then
reset its status to installed -its  a pain to do hold as that break
dependencies when you upgrade other things.

hugh

----- End forwarded message -----

i'm not sure you can, using aptitude - it likes upgrading automatically.
have a look in the options to see if you can turn off that behaviour.

at the same time, why do you want to avoid woodyr1 exactly?

iain

--
wh33, y1p33 3tc.