Re: Drivers for SCSI, IEEE 1394 and RAID.

#include <hallo.h>
* Göran Emilsson [Sun, Jan 19 2003, 02:14:36PM]:

> I am thinking of switching OS to Linux and Debian. The problem is that I
> have some Hardware that I don?t have drivers for.

Did you ever look on the sites of particular projects or Dejanews? Does
not look so.

> For now I have this and need drivers for them:
>
> 1.	Adaptec AHA-2940U2/U2W PCI SCSI Controller

What's the problem?

> 2.	Adaptec ATA RAID 1200A PCI IDE Controller

What's the problem? You may need an additional module from the Preload
disk (see Woody errata) if you want to have the root-fs accessed through
this controller.

> 3.	Firewire, IEEE 1394, Maxtor 5000XT discs

What's the problem?

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
"Nein, das wird er nicht, da Windows eine GUI benoetigt, welche jedem recht-
 schaffen denkenden Selfmade-Admin die Haare zu Berge stehen laesst, und da