Problem: kde and the HP DeskJet 940c printer

I just stared using kde and cannot set up my HP DeskJet 940c printer.

I have tried to post a question to a kde mailing list but there is such a profusion of kde mailing lists I'm not sure where my message went and where to find the answer.

For the record, the printer works fine from a console using CUPS and one of the CUPS generic DeskJet drivers. It wont work at all with the CUPS HP_DeskJet_900_Series driver