Re: Doing a mass downgrade

Checking my system, I don't have any /etc/apt/preferences file. What script installs it? It seems to be a regular text file from what I read in this thread. I am planing to downgrade one of my boxes from sid to sarge, this seems to be the way to go, but I don't know the exact configuration of this mentioned "preference"
?