Re: Can't start X with Nvidia

In linux.debian.user, you wrote:

> When I modprobe NVdriver, I get the following message:
>
>   Warning: loading /lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/drivers/video/NVdriver will
>   taint the kernel: non-GPL license - NVIDIA
>     See http://www.tux.org/lkml/#export-tainted for information about
>     tainted modules
>     nvidia: loading NVIDIA Linux x86 NVdriver Kernel Module  1.0-3123  Tue
>     Aug 27 15:56:48 PDT 2002
>     Module NVdriver loaded, with warnings

<snip>
>   Section "Device"
>     Identifier	"Nvidia"
>     Driver		"nvidia"
>     VideoRam	32768
>   EndSection

<snip>

I apologize for the earlier post to the newsgroup that was just a copy of
the original post.  Hit the wrong button. This one is going to the list and
will make its way to the newsgroup too.

My module is called nvidia and not NVdriver.  I think the problem is that
you are loading a module called NVdriver and you have nvidia listed as the
driver in the X config file.  Maybe try changing the Driver in X to NVdriver
to see if that works.  Or I guess you could put an alias in so that nvidia
would be the same as NVdriver.

Anita