Re: Curious...Are most of you in tech-related careers/schooling?

on Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 06:32:23PM -0600, Ron Johnson (ron.l.johnson@cox.net) wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 15:30, Sam Varghese wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 09:53:02AM -0800, Osamu Aoki spake thus:
> [snip]
> > I work as a journalist for the Tech sub-sections of the Web sites of two
> > Australian broadsheet newspapers - The Age (Melbourne) and The Sydney Morning
> > Herald (Sydney). I write, edit, do copy tasting and production work, and
> > also make my own tea.
>
> A journalist that runs Debian?  The End Of The World truly is nigh!!
> Either that, or World Domination...
>
> Could you imagine how things would be different if people like Stephen
> Shankland used, as their only OS, Debian/testing w/ mutt as the MUA?

Actually, I know several journos who use Debian.  It makes testing and
evaluating SW packages trivial.

Andrew Orlowski of The Register tends to use his iBook, Debian, and a
Symbian handheld (he's totally ga-ga over Symbian) as his core
platforms.  Most of the main Reg staff run GNU/Linux in one form or
another -- Tom Greene, John Lettice, and Andrew.

Shankland's an old Unix admin, though I don't know what he runs these
days.

Peace.