Re: Curious...Are most of you in tech-related careers/schooling?

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 04:30:54PM -0700, Scott  --sidewalking-- wrote:
> I wonder if all (or most) of you are in similar careers and that is
> why you are so proficient with compiling and testing and tweaking
> all of this stuff.  Or is it just a hobby that has gone on for so
> long that you have advanced your knowledge of Linux/Debian to these
> levels that all of you are at?

I am not an software engineer nor an EE engineer who thinks Debian as
my hobby.  (Material science in training, technical sales liaison as my
proffession.)

It takes time to get used to it especially when you want to do complex
staff.  But this hobby took me to here.

If you want instant-Linux with passive attitudes and expectations that
evrything is configured by GUI, Debian may not be ready to address needs
of you yet.  Debian does not require user to compile anything.   It
requires users to "configure" things right.

Relax and read some documentations.  I hope you like my "Debian
Reference" http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/

Osamu
--
+  Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com>, at the gateway server      +