Re: apt-get remove exim .... wants to remove more?

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 03:55:13PM -0900, Andy wrote:
>> All of those packages depend on a MTA; try "apt-get install qmail."
>> Apt will be much happier when it realizes that you are merely switching
>> MTAs. Also, apt will leave your exim config files, so you can merely
>> "apt-get install exim" at the end of your test drive and things should go
>> back to the way they were.
>
>Can leave Exim installed if I install Qmail from source?
>(Exim is not started at boot time)

that's what I do, just leave exim as it is, I also select item 5, don't
configure, when I install. I don't run inetd either so I have no port
conflicts, 'netstat -ptunl' is your friend.

// George

--
GEORGE GEORGALIS, System Admin/Architect    cell: 347-451-8229
Security Services, Web, Mail,            mailto:george@galis.org