Konqueror - help please

Hi all,
for some reason konqueror keeps starting as a plain window, without any
menus. There is no problem with open location from bookmarks, no problem
with browsing the web, but I cannot use any item from menu, because of
its disappearance.
I use unstable/testing Debian with KDE 3.1 from Ralf's debs.
I tried Googling, but didn't find anything, I tried to find
configuration file - I think it's konqueror.rc, but in vain.
Please, any idea?
Vlada
--
Ing. Vladimir M. Kerka <kerka@dinmont.cz>