Re: Konqueror - help please

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 06:04:00PM +0100, Ing. Vladimir M. Kerka wrote:
> Hi all,
> for some reason konqueror keeps starting as a plain window, without any
> menus. There is no problem with open location from bookmarks, no problem
> with browsing the web, but I cannot use any item from menu, because of
> its disappearance.
> I use unstable/testing Debian with KDE 3.1 from Ralf's debs.
> I tried Googling, but didn't find anything, I tried to find
> configuration file - I think it's konqueror.rc, but in vain.

I had this problem. I *think* it may be a bug when updating the KDE-3.1
packages.
Have a look in ~/.kde/share/config/konquerorrc and you can manually turn
things on. The sections to look out for are something like:
[KonqMainWindow Toolbar locationToolBar]
but it may vary slightly. The key thing is that you'll see a line like
'Hidden=false'. Just change it to true and you should be away.

Cheers,
 Graeme