Re: Curious...Are most of you in tech-related careers/schooling?

"Scott  --sidewalking--" <sidewalking@webpipe.net> writes:

> I wonder if all (or most) of you are in similar careers

Doubt it - I'm a Presbyterian minister!

> why you are so proficient with compiling and testing and tweaking
> all of this stuff.

To some extent it goes with the OS.  Maybe a liking for the
Under-the-bonnet approach goes with a certain kind of personality?
Certainly in the bad onld days of Winders 95, it was _easier_ to use
Linux than to be constantly facing the "blue screen of death". I'm told
that things are better there now, but having got accustomed to this way
of working, I see no reason to change.

Glyn
--
Debian Home       http://www.debian.org